Monday, August 9, 2010

Aponi Loves Farm Calls

This summer I was invited to 4 Mile Creek Gaited Horses farm in Velvet Ridge, AR. It was about a 4 hour drive so we were forced to shoot with the sun high in the afternoon sky, by the time I arrived. Leaving early was thwarted by the birth of my collie's 6 pups which ensued about the time I had hoped to head out. Critters! Ah well, the birth was uneventful and 6 healthy pups were born (more on that later). When I arrived at the farm to start the shoot, the family had carefully bathed several of their herd stallions which were to be featured on their new website, all squeaky clean and tied standing in a row awaiting their shining moments. Shooting a line-up of 5 stallions can be trickier than one might imagine. It would seem an inviting mare lingered off in the distance just close enough for the stallions to be aware of her presence. Everyone had a saucy mood as if to say "pick me, pick me... no no pick me!" None-the-less, the shoot went very well in spite of the challenges. The horses were delightful, I even felt some heart strings being pulled for a handsome gelding they were presenting for sale. mmmmm more pasture.... Thanks to the Mahans for a great shoot and a very enjoyable afternoon, not to mention Mrs. Mahans impeccable hospitality and delicious pot roast. Visit the Mahan's website at www.4milecreekgaitedhorses.com

No comments:

Post a Comment